If you're looking for inexpensive date ideas, I have just the ticket for you! You do not have to spend an arm and leg - especially when it comes to Greenville. There are dozens of ideas, but you just have to think outside of the box. When it comes to dates, it doesn't always have to be super romantic. You can have low-key dates and still enjoy yourselves.
When my husband and I first moved to Greenville, we didn't have much money, so we spent time researching creative ways to spend quality time together either not spending a dime or a couple bucks here and there.
If you're in a similar boat when it comes to your finances, don't worry because I compiled a list of budget-friendly date ideas:
1) A coffee date. There are dozens of coffee shops in Greenville. One of our faves is Coffee Underground, which by the way serves dairy-free milk and homemade syrup. Not to mention, you can get breakfast all day long. You can either head there for breakfast for a one-on-one breakfast date or go for a stroll at night and pick up a delicious beverage. Not in the mood for caffeine? They also offer beer, wine and cocktails!
2) Make sammies and head to a local park. We love going to the South Carolina Botanical Garden in Clemson to take pictures + picnic with homemade sandwiches and potato salad. Not only is picturesque, it's family-friendly (in case you plan to bring the kids for an afternoon activity). It's about a 45-minute drive from Greenville, but so worth it and inexpensive! And, if you're not willing to drive that far, you can also check out Paris Mountain in Greenville or Lake Robinson in Greer, which is a hidden gem.
3) Grab a smoothie and walk around downtown. I'm rather obsessed with smoothies, so grabbing a smoothie from Happy + Hale, Southern Pressed Juicery or even Kuka Juice (if you're in the mood for juice. they also have food!) is a cheap afternoon date. Not only are you getting your daily intake of nutrients, downtown is clean, safe and nice to walk around.
4) In the mood for frozen yogurt? Luna Rosa Gelato Cafe, Creme Shack, Blueberry Frog are all walking distance of downtown Greenville. There are plenty of frozen yogurt and ice cream shops outside of Greenville such as Pink Mama's Ice Cream Shop & Trucks in Travelers Rest or Dillards Farms Inc Ice Cream in Greer.
5) Go to a comedy show. I know tickets for Alchemy Comedy Theater at Coffee Underground range from $8.00 - $10.00. You can sip on some alcohol and watch a good improv show!
What are your favorite inexpensive date night ideas? Comment below!