This is a sponsored post.
Charleston, SC is known for its historic charm, well-preserved architecture and history as well as its restaurants. It's a clean city where you feel safe walking around at night and during the day. Most people think going to Charleston will break their bank, but if you find inexpensive activities and restaurants to eat at, you'll be well below your budget.
I'm a health and wellness guru, so when I travel to Charleston, I look for healthy places to eat and activities that exercise the body and the mind. Sure, you can walk around downtown Charleston, but you need transportation to actually get you there. This is where Lowcountry Valet & Shuttle Co. comes to mind.
Whether you're celebrating an accomplishment, a girls weekend or a bachelorette party, this shuttle service is at your disposal. Why should you feel the need to worry about who is driving, where to park and who will be the designated driver at the end of the evening? Lowcountry has you covered on all accounts and not to mention, they’re budget-friendly!
If you're unaware of the things Charleston has to offer, I got you covered! Not only have I compiled a list of my favorite healthy restaurants, I'm also going to suggest some activities to do while you're there.
I'm obsessed with trying new healthy foods. Before I visit an area, I always do my research on what restaurants I NEED to check out. I love supporting local businesses and tend to stay away from chain restaurants.
1) Basic Kitchen. Whether you’re in the mood for brunch or dinner, this restaurant has plenty of options! With menu items such as Avocado toast, salmon salad, granola bowl, thai spiced turkey burger, beet burger, you won’t be disappointed. If you’re vegan or can’t eat gluten, they also offer alternatives for you.
2) Verde. Craving salad? Head to this hot spot and create your own. Want a wrap instead? They also offer create your own wraps. You pick your base, add protein, cheese, dressing and additional ingredients. It’s a simple and healthy lunch that will fill you up.
3) Five Loaves Café. If you’re in the mood for a good sandwich, head to this café. They even allow you to pick the type of bread you want. The soups are made fresh daily. The best aspects of this café are they utilize locally sourced ingredients, antibiotic free turkey and chicken, nitrate free bacon, cage free and pasteurized eggs.
4) Beech. Acai bowls are the craze right now, so Beech should be your go-to if you’re looking for a pick me up. If you’re craving something a bit heavier, opt for one of their poke bowls. There are plenty of items to choose from and you’ll honesty want to try them all.
5) Butcher & Bee. This place prides themselves on making everything from scratch. From their pastries, ice cream, coffee and tea, salads, sandwiches to their desserts, all their items are delicious. Have I tried all of their menu items? Not yet!
Even if you try 2 out of the five restaurants I listed above, you won’t be sorry. And, when you’re done with eating an amazing meal, Lowcountry is there to pick you up and drive you to your next adventure.
Rent one of their classic, traditional or modern cars and ride in style. Whatever mood you’re in Lowcountry has your back!
Next, I’m going to move into some activities you HAVE to try. Not all of these activities are health and wellness-based. Some of them are more so scenic.
1) Charleston Tea Plantation. Do you like hot and iced tea? You’ll definitely want to check out Charleston Tea Plantation. It’s the only plantation in the country. Grab your friends and learn about the history of this plantation. Not to mention, you get free iced and hot tea and can buy souvenirs in their shop.
2) Folly Beach. Want to lounge by the beach? Bring some sunscreen, your favorite bathing suit and your favorite girls along with a bottle of champagne and relax at the beach. If you’re in the mood for a workout, there are plenty of exercises you can do to burn some calories. But, if you’re just looking to chill, just bring the essentials.
3) Patriots Point. Do you like history? If so, you’ll love this museum. Learn more about World War II and the Vitenam War. While this might not be an ideal activity for a girls trip, it’s definitely worth checking out if you’re a history nut.
4) Angel Oak Tree. This tree is said to be 400- 500 years old and is a live southern oak. Take a cameo with your and your best gal pals. It’s worth the drive, it’s free and it’s a must see while in Charleston.
5) Still Soul Studio. Take a class at this studio and work off that brunch. Their classes are definitely budget-friendly and will get your heart rate up. If you’re looking for more of a relaxation session, try their Meditation classes.
You’ll need a service to pick you up and drop you off between the beach, museum and sweating your butt off, so if you’re looking for excellent service, quality prices and a service that fits your needs, give Lowcountry a call today!