On a Friday evening, I started feeling sad. If you asked me, "what's wrong?" I would probably shrug and the tears might form in my eyes.
You ever have those days where you can't explain why your throat feels like it's clenching? If you're not an emotional person - like myself - it's even harder to comprehend. I guess it's normal to have those days though. I suppose everyone goes through melancholy.
It's how you handle it that counts the most. It's distracting yourself and finding ways to bring up your mood. Though, sometimes, nothing seems to work and you can just end up basking in your sadness without a solution.
When you feel this way, here are a few things to do.
1) Go for a run. Clear your head with music that makes you happy.
2) Call a friend. Your bestie knows you better than anyone else, so she will definitely be able to cheer you up in a jiffy!
3) Write. Put your feelings into words and try t o make sense of how you're feeling.
4) Go out for coffee with a friend. Discussing your feelings and thoughts might be exactly what you need.
5) Put on some tunes and dance. Music is rather smoothing and sometimes cures a bad mood.
Lastly, if you ever need to talk, be sure to reach out. I'm here for you: email@example.com.