The other day, my husband and I made our way to Crave Coffee and I ordered an iced matcha latte with almond milk. I fell in love with matcha a few years ago after I heard about its health benefits. If you've been living under a rock - insert smile - let me clue you in on what matcha is exactly. According to NBC News, it's green tea, derived from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, finely ground. Oxford’s Living Dictionary cites its origins in Japan as a combo of two terms, “from matsu ‘to rub’ + cha ‘tea’, from Chinese (Mandarin dialect) chá (see tea).”
Here are a few health benefits of this green tea powder:
- Matcha reduces stress and "curb the bouncy jitters one might get from drinking a caffeinated beverage," according to NBC.
- It's also loaded with plenty of antioxidants.
- It's rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins.
- It also enhances mood and aids in concentration.
- Best aspect about matcha? It boosts metabolism and even burns calories!
You can order matcha powder or matcha tea bags. A few weeks ago, Buddha Tea sent me green tea matcha tea bags. Did you know they utilize high-quality ingredients and unbleached tea bags! Not only that, they DO NOT use artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. They offer both organic green and black tea. Try flavors such as Calm Buddha Blend, Cat's Claw Tea, Blackberry Leaf Tea, amongst plenty of others!
They also break their flavors down by the health benefits, so check out their website and choose your favorites today!