Greenville is definitely a foodie city with tons of local restaurants that purchase local ingredients and serve their customers a plate full of just plain good food. I've been here a little over a year and I feel like I haven't even touched the surface. There are still so many more towns and restaurants I want to explore. in SC.
I mean, it's not like I haven't tried some of the CORE restaurants that are often talked about. I mean, Farm Fresh Fast. Need I say more? If you haven't heard of it, you need to go asap. I've even included it on my list below (and you'll find out why!)
So, if you're as obsessed with the food scene as I am, then you'll visit their hot spots ASAP!
1. Tupelo Honey Cafe. Why do I love this restaurant so much? In addition to their amazing food, I love the feel of the interior. When I went there a few months ago, I ordered AND devoured my Southern BLT, which was made of Apple cider bacon, dijonnaise, lettuce, tomato, and hot honey. I absolutely love honey and it was the ideal addition to this delectable sandwich. The chicken was crispy and you could tell by its appearance that it was made with care. It wasn’t soggy or overcooked. The honey added a nice sweetness to the meal. Not to mention, the French fries were crisp to perfection and tasted hand-cut instead of served heated from a frozen bag. It's a local staple that you must hit up!
2. Farm Fresh Fast. Recently, FFF created these vegan protein donuts that are actually healthy called Doughnuts Done Right. A healthy donut? Have you heard such a thing? I have not. But, they're also gluten-free, farm-to-table and the best part is... they're locally sourced. On their restaurant menu, they serve items such as a Shroom Swiss Burger, Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla, Spicy Pulled Chicken Wrap and something that sounds rather intriguing Toasted Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap. The best part about that particular sandwich - for me at least - is it's turkey bacon! So, now that I just made your mouth water, visit FFF asap!
3. Smoke on the Water. We went to Smoke on my hubby's birthday and not only was their food delicious, our waiter was extremely accommodating. I ordered the Crab Cake Po Boy sandwich with fries while my husband ordered a steak. It was seriously heaven on a plate and the best thing is, all their food is made from scratch. From homemade sauce, an assortment of desserts, sandwiches, burgers, seafood, beef to soups and salads, Smoke has something for everyone.
4. Grill Marks. If you l-o-v-e burgers, you need to try Grill Marks at the Haywood Mall or Downtown Greenville. I'm not a beef person, but on occasion, I might give in and eat one of their homemade burgers with various toppings. It was honestly THE best burger I've ever eaten and their milkshakes are heaven in a glass. And, oh, I forgot about their fries: crisped to perfection with the right amount of salt. And, if you're not in the mood for a burger, they also have salads and other sandwiches you can try. But, if you're going there for lunch, I recommend grabbing yourself a burger.
5. LTO Burger Bar. Speaking of burgers, LTO is another one of my favorite burger joints. But, they obviously don't just serve burgers, they also serve tacos, sandwiches, soups, salads, and appetizers that are out of their world. When my hubby and I went there, we ordered their PRETZEL POWER app, which was hot buttered pretzels, grainy mustard, and smoked gouda queso. Obviously I didn't have the queso, but the grainy mustard hit the spot. While I was there, I ordered the Fried Chicken Club, which was a buttermilk-soaked fried chicken breast with shaved ham, bacon, creole mustard aioli served with hand-cut fries. Again, you could tell this crispy piece of chicken was made from scratch and sprinkled with love. The combination between the chicken, bacon, ham and mustard satisfied my craving for something a tad sweet and salty. It was honestly like biting in a small piece of heaven. Is that too extreme? Well, I’m just being honest!
No matter what restaurant you visit, you won't be sorry! And, if you try all of them, I won't judge!